background

Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Graphing

I have finalized my plans for the week back for New Year's math.  On Wednesay we are going to make a pictograph of the kinds of gifts our favorite gifts were...electronics, toys, books, movies, games, other.  On Thursday we are going to make a bar graph where we were at when the New Year came...I am going to let the kids make the tabs, but I thought we would start with in bed, at home and at a friends.  I am also going to poll the teachers in our school and let the kids compare the results for our class and the school's teachers.  On Friday were are going to do a larger graph on the Smart Board of what we were doing when the New Year came...such as sleeping, eating, dancing, talking and make a class graph.  I am going to give each student a smaller version of the blank graph and we are going to go to the playground and poll 23 students each and make a tally graph of their responses.  When we come back together we will create bar graphs from the tally graphs and compare the results of each of our polls.  Some vocabulary we will be discussing are bar graph, tally graph, compare, contrast, poll and results. 

Sorry...no pics, but if you would like copies of the masters I have made, please leave me your email in the comment box and I will send them to you!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm your 1st follower! Welcome to the world of blogging! I think you will find it quite addictive! I would be interested in seeing your documents. :-)

    Have fun with your Firsties!!

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete